Restoring the Past, Building the Future
The 18 month project involved the construction of a four storey extension to the hotel along with a new indoor swimming pool, associated spa facilities and outdoor thermal spa village - the first of its kind anywhere throughout Ireland. This major c. £8.5m project was completed while the hotel remained fully operational with minimal disturbance to the guests and staff.
Facilities in the new extension include:
- 45 deluxe guest rooms, each with a spacious marble bathroom along with separate bath and shower.
- Signature luxurious suite boasting 122m² of indoor and outdoor space and includes a furnished terrace complete with private hot tub overlooking the River Maine.
- Two luxurious and spacious suites (each 77 m²) on the 4th and 5th floors complete with wraparound balconies and river frontage.
- 20m indoor leisure pool surrounded by a polished pebble floor.
- Relax Orangery which includes bespoke crafted relax beds and swing chairs as a ‘chill out area’.
- Snow cabin complete with powder snow and ice crystals, which is maintained at a chilly -7 to -15 °C.
- Sanarium which offers a comfortable and relaxing heated experience.
- Elements Spa Café.
- Changing rooms, reception, kitchen, plant and store rooms, as well as three main corridors and a lift.
The exterior was also brought up to the same high exacting standards. Work included:
- An outdoor thermal spa village complete with wood-fired eco-friendly riverside tubs, yoga studio on raised stilts, sauna, steam room, relax area, cabins and showers.
- Manicured landscaping including lawn, trees, shrubs, bedding and Turfstone permeable pavement.
- Retaining and decorative walls as well as kerbing and paving.
Commenting on the project, David Hamilton, Managing Director of martin & hamilton said,
Working within the confines of a fully operational award-winning hotel estate presented challenges. Critically we needed to ensure that at all times the hotel residents would not be disrupted as a result of the construction work and never feel that they were on a construction site. As a result of stringent site management and close co-operation with the hotel’s management staff, this was successfully achieved.”
Paul Smyth, General Manager of Galgorm Resort & Spa commented on completion,
The delivery of the project within the required timescale, and quality of the finished product exceeded expectations. We thoroughly enjoyed working with the team at martin & hamilton; they were professional, flexible and motivated to deliver our vision".
New Bedroom Block and Thermal Spa Village at Galgorm Resort & Spa Information
A bit more information about the the New Bedroom Block and Thermal Spa Village at Galgorm Resort & Spa project.
- Status Complete
- Client Galgorm Resort & Spa
- Architect Douglas Wallace Architects
- Quantity Surveyor McClintock Consulting
- Structural Engineer O'Connor Suttin Cronin & Associates