Restoring the Past, Building the Future
The Long Barn Visitor Centre which included the provision of new office, accommodation, shop store, information centre, WC and small kitchen area was completely refurbished and included complete mechanical and electrical installation, replacement roof structure and installation of access points to accommodate, telephone, computer, fire and intruder alarm system complete with external warning beacon. The Changing Places facility, which was the first of its kind to be installed by The National Trust in the UK, differed from standard accessible toilets, as they provide extra space and features such as a hoist, an adult height-adjustable changing bench and a non-slip floor.
- The conversion of the existing barn.
- Construction of the new changing facilities.
- Associated siteworks.
- Demolition of existing buildings.
- Installation of new wheelchair accessible footpath.
- Installation of new external steps in accordance with DDA requirements.