Building local community
12 November 2019
Renovation and extension works have completed at 1st Ballymena Presbyterian Church, one of Ballymena's Seven Tower Buildings (having lost its tower to storm damage in the late 19th century).
Works comprised the construction of new halls, large welcome foyer area, and refurbishment to the Sanctuary. As part of the works, the Act of Parliament Clock, dating back to 1750, was expertly restored.
The building has been extended and modernised to ensure it continues to serve its local community. The Church is significant having been part of Ballymena's story since the 1600's.